Sabrina Albanese Shares Ways to Make a Small Space Feel Bigger .
Interior designer Sabrina Albanese is well-known for her artistic use of space and dramatic colour choices. She has the ability to create unique interiors that are chic, elegant and vibrant.
Sabrina knows how to enhance a room’s strength, regardless of its size, and she let Aspire Magazine in on a few of her secrets to making the most of a small space.
Give yourself some space
- *Purchase small scale furniture that takes up less room
- *Accent walls using darker colours so they look as though they’re receding
- *Incorporate low profile furniture
- *Ensure light fixtures are proportionate to the room
- *Use furniture or décor that doubles as storage
Make a boring space feel like new
- *Choose an entirely new wall colour and get painting
- *Add wallpaper. Texturized wallpapers are very popular right now and can add a lot of personality to a room
- *Different window coverings, either curtains, shades, or shutters, can easily change the mood or appearance of a smaller space
- *Buy colourful top cushions or a bold rug to make a small but noticeable change
If you’re thinking about redoing your bedroom or living area this month, here are Sabrina’s texture and pattern picks for the colder seasons
- *Cozy Plush Velvets
- *Soft Chenilles
- *Faux Fur
- *Geometric Camo
- *Re-Interpreted Polka Dots
- *Menswear inspired Stripes